For the last couple of years I have been on a journey trying to love myself for who I am which is not easy when you are a big black gay man that doesn’t fit into society in the way in which it was taught to you. This sent me on a journey to find myself in other people, so over the course of this past year I have cast a diverse group of people for their natural beauty and constructed unexpected floral compositions that could only occur with the human touch. All manipulation was done in camera so the final image would be as is, meaning #NOphotoshop. Each flower, feather, fruit, or vegetable has been strategically placed by hand to create each composition. Shades of Blackness Vol. 2 explores stripping away the filters to create images that highlight our natural beauty flaws and all.
#getintoit #imintoit #good
- Cover: Recycled chipboard 18" x 24" with copper foil stamp
- Button and string closure for a girl on the go...
- Content: 12 Photo prints on 100# uncoated coverstock 11"x17"
- Mounted and oversewn with a perforated detail for easy removal and display
- First edition of 250
- Made with love in Los Angeles